Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Playlist




Today over at Exemplify, they are hosting a Christmas Playlist blog, so since Preston has had me watching Christmas movies for the past week, I thought I would share some of my favorites with you.

First let me say that the OLD Christmas cartoons are my favorite and the best of all times is "The Year Without a Santa Claus". One reason it is my favorite is the following video....



I have included a few more of my favorites for your enjoyment. :-)

Mary Did you Know?



And a scene from The Little Drummer Boy that just gives me cold chills every time that I see it.

.

So click on over to Exemplify and share your Christmas Favorites and maybe it will help someone else begin to get in the Christmas Spirit. :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

10 comments:

crittyjoy said...

What fun :) I liked all the clips!

One of my favorite things is see The Little Drummer Boy on ABCFamily every year. The song never ceases to make me tear up. There is just something so special about it.

Kristen Schiffman said...

I love classic Christmas cartoons - I love The Year Without Santa Claus. And your song picks!

Thanks for playing.

Dale said...

Love love love the Heat Miser song! As a kid, I couldn't wait for that Christmas special. :)

T. J. Knowlton said...

This cracks me up. I remember when these cartoons would come on network TV and we would all gather around to watch. It was an event! They are a little creepy in a sentimental way, now.

Thanks for sharing these. What great memories! Blessings.

Melissa Lea said...

Aww, now I want to watch Little Drummer Boy! Fun list!

Joyful said...

Thank you for sharing. It's so much fun to see how different everyone is doing these songs. Some have cool videos others have fun links. What a wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit.

McVal said...

How fun! I especially love the Heat Miser one! I have all the claymation movies on VHS. Maybe I'll ask for them on DVD this year for Christmas...
hmmm...
Thanks!

Ann said...

I am holding my breath hoping you received your ornaments from the ornament swap...do not want to ruin the suprise but you should have received them at least a week ago...Hope you enjoyed them and they did not get lost in the USPS... :-(

Barbara said...

Hey girl!!! I sure hope you read this. Thanks for posting on my blog today. I did not know how to find your blog after the retreat. I so enjoyed meeting you and talking about our teams (2 of the best, by the way) Congrats on Bama's win.

I'll be adding you to my list to visit...so you need to get to blogging...noticed you haven't for awhile.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! I'm following you from M-O-M
blog hop!I hope you visit me and
return the follow:0)